Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sketching summer beauty

Now that it finally feels like July here in our little southern town...  many are drawn to local outdoor markets... with booths overflowing with every color of bloom, fresh produce, yummy breads and preserves... Oh, how I love summer...  The summer market found a place in my art journal this week...


A real "perk" from social media is the plethora of sweet images that pop up every day... One appeared this week that prompted me to sketch this girlie... holding a gorgeous bouquet.


Dearest Junelle provided the inspiration for this little row of posies on an old ledge.  I fell in love with the Wordsworth quote... It found a "home" on this journal page...


My yard is ablaze with my ever-favorite crepe myrtles.  That delicious pink hue has my name all over it! 


I truly have been enthralled by the beauties surrounding me... soft, mysterious... lively...



Enjoy every moment of this precious season...  it will pass all too quickly...




1 comment:

Ariel said...

Hi Jane,
Your sketches are beautiful. I too am in the Summer Wildflower class but have to catch up with a lot of projects. Your work really inspires me to create.
SusaN