Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy 2014!!!

Where in the world did 2013 go??? The days seemed to whirl by for me... and here we are in 2014.  It's frigid here today, and the forecast for the next week is much of the same.  No snow on the ground, but some mighty cold doggie walks several times a day.

I'm trying to get all the glitter, paint and glue put away in my art space.  It was the most fun ever to glitter and glitz everything that would stand still!!!  One of my creations for the past holiday season was a glitter globe... loads of fun to make and give away...


From dearest Junelle, I got the bug to paint these FUN FUN FUN blocks... with gingerbread houses or reindeer.  These are the BEST, because they are made from scrap lumber (It feels great to re-purpose!)


With a recipe for some "real" gingerbread included...


... a snow-covered "Charlie Brown-type" tree...


some gum drops... YUM!!!


Since the gift-making and giving is over for now, the art studio is getting a bit more orderly... or at least for a few days...


I am excitedly starting a new year-long project this week... I am cutting, taping... and about to begin "gessoing" my 2014 Moleskine planner... as a part of the Documented Life Project... (more on that in a later post).  I am loving this project... my buddy Tonya and I have been talking, planning and swooning over all the possibilities...


This is another little canvas creature I painted a few days ago.  He's dressed for the cold winter days... and giving a sweet, uplifting message for these "new year" days...

"live free"






No comments: