Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sketching in the new year...

With the arrival of a new year,

 I felt the strongest desire to take some fun new online classes.

The first one I signed up for was Alisa Burke's SKETCHBOOK DELIGHT.


Sketching daily is an excellent creative activity...

the perfect way to "stretch" artistically, 

as I have never found drawing to be my strong suit.

I do want to step away from so much 

computer time and really "live" in the simple,

 yet wonderful moments of every day life.

The simplest things in life are indeed

 the most meaningful.

Sketching does not require a lot of expensive materials...

 but they are some of my favorites...

wonderful watercolors...



DERWENT INKTENSE pencils... these are fabulous...

Once they are dry, the results are permanent...

and other media can easily be applied on top.



I decided to sketch and watercolor the winter kale 

in the flowerbed under my bay window.


I hope you are finding time

for some creative and enjoyable pursuits

during these days of winter.

Gabe and Buttons are both enjoying their winter days...









No comments: