Monday, April 23, 2012

In love with the "house" theme...


After completing the Donna Downey Pan Pastel 203 online class, I continue my love affair with the "house" theme.  It goes back to my love of the comforts of hearth and home, I'm sure.  This class was especially fun because of the expansive use of various textures.  I took Donna's great ideas and put my own spin on them.  Here are four little houses all in a row...


Layers and layers applied to the background of this spread was an interesting experiment for me...


These pages featured a canvas house with some stormy skies...  I love the message... "Give your imagination wings"...


A masking tape house with a chenille strip roof was the focus of this page...  Home for me is truly "sweet".



I have used a whole jar of molding paste in the last few days...  I just can't get enough of it's fabulous texture... yummmmmmm....


My yard has been beautiful and green this year, but I have been battling an over-abundance of dandelions... They are fun on my journal page (because I got to slather on the molding paste), but not so fun on the lawn.


As I begin another week, I am reflecting on this Mary Oliver quote...  "Hello, sun in my face... Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields... Watch now how I start the day in happiness, in kindness."  This thought gives a wonderful focus to this new week... 









No comments: