Monday, September 10, 2012

Feeling a touch of autumn

Ah....how wonderful the last few mornings have felt... such invigorating air during the early morning and late evening dog walks....quite a welcome respite after a sultry summer here in the South.  I really am a "summer girl", but always find myself ready to welcome the crisp, leaf-crunching days of autumn.
During some impromptu shopping on this Monday, I found some sweet autumn items to adorn my table.


I'm in LOVE with VELVET PUMPKINS!!!  


I am thoroughly immersed in finishing my "free-style sampler".  I started it many months ago, and recently made the commitment to complete it, and hang it by the spiffy vintage hanger I purchased on ETSY.  I'm getting close, with a few final decisions to be made about trims for the top and bottom edges.  Here are a few peeps...



I have loved using buttons, fabrics and notions from my "stash".  My favorite find during my "re-aquaintance" with hand-stitching is a fabulous website for lovers of hand-stitching~ threadnuts.  The operator of the website is sweet Jane... and she is just dandy!!!  Her threads are of the highest quality I have used... I can't stop ordering perle cotton, rayon shimmer ribbon floss, and that wonderful "soft cotton".  Here are some pictures of the latest skeins that arrived today...





If I keep ordering from my new pal, Jane... I will have to buy a second storage box.  My ARTBIN I dedicate to my threads is getting packed! Love love love it...

These "spicy" colors will add some punch to the two upcoming samplers waiting in my studio...  I can hardly wait to stitch while sipping some hot cider.... yummmmmm...










No comments: