Friday, September 14, 2012

"Free-style" piece complete

After beginning my "free-style" embroidery sampler quite a while back... I have just finished it!  It has found a new home, hanging by a vintage hanger snagged off Etsy.  


New threads, old buttons, scrunched ribbons, and glitzy baubles all became a part of my hand-stitched collage. 



Several of my favorite artists have inspired me... Teresa McFayden... Pam Garrison... Charlotte Lyons... and Rebecca Sowers... I have gleaned pearls of "stitching wisdom" from each one, applying those wonderful techniques in my own humble creation.  




The next time I post, I hope to have some progress from BRAVE GIRLS ART SCHOOL.  I have an art table filled with dimensional flower parts... molding paste... hot glue gun... Whew.... more later...
Enjoy this peek of what's in store as we move into a favorite season... blessed autumn... Happy weekend...





1 comment:

tonya said...

Love, Love, Love this. All the different threads and textures here make this a stunning piece.