Thursday, October 20, 2011

pulling out an unfinished project



Several months ago I took a wonderful class from the delightful Teresa McFayden called Free Style Embroidery. I just loved the class... watching Teresa demonstrate all the stitches... then putting her fabulous sampler together.  I got a start on mine, and then... life happened... I got sidetracked to other projects and I unfortunately just put it away in my vintage sewing box.


I just love Teresa's ideas for combining embroidery stitches with other fun trims, ribbons and remnants.


Pondering some goals I want to accomplish during the fall and winter months... the idea of brushing up on my hand stitching skills came into my heart... and out came my UFO and my collection of gorgeous perle cotton threads.


I also adore the work of Pam Garrison and Charlotte Lyons, both such talented artists whose blogs I follow regularly.  Both of these gals have proven to be a major inspiration for me. Through their blogs, I found another fabulous stitcher, Rebecca Ringquest, who has a darling alphabet sampler pattern from when she taught at the SQUAM art retreat.  What I loved about Rebecca's sampler was that it would actually help me review the stitches that I have forgotten how to sew.  So now the hard part is...
waiting on my little samplers to get to my house.  I do plan to work on my UFO and try my hand with the new samplers, too.  Hand stitching is such a grand activity for the cooler winter months.

In the mean time, I have been dabbling in some patina...yummm...


This luscious blue/green is one of my favorite colors to work with... just dreamy...

Speaking of this favorite color... I just have to share a photo of the delightful package given to me by dearest Kristi... No one, absolutely no one "fluffs" like Kristi...  My precious gift contained glorious treasures from Italy... It makes me weak in the knees...
 I'm such a lucky girl....








No comments: