Tuesday, October 25, 2011

52 weeks of mail and beyond

It seems each of us rely more and more these days on our "smart" devices to communicate with friends and associates.  I use them constantly myself, and it is truly a wonderful tool.  With all its convenience, technological communication can lack that personal touch that most of us appreciate so much.

Do you save wonderful notes and cards that special people take the time to send to you through the mail?  I know how great it makes me feel to get even the smallest note addressed to little ole me...  I am lucky enough to have thoughtful friends who often surprise me with delightful remembrances.  It totally makes my day.  Here are just a few that have arrived here within recent weeks...


Several months ago I made a fun little "fat book" full of pockets to hold these treasures. My book is already so chubby it needs to go on a major diet... The funny thing is, I love it when my hand-made books barely close... It's more fun that way!



I found a link this week on FACEBOOK that caught my attention.  

The page is called 52 WEEKS OF MAIL.



Here is part of the information off their page.


52 Weeks of Mail, brought to you by Etsy Greetings Team,

is designed to encourage people to be more intentional about relationships and 

keeping in touch with friends and family by sending out a card or letter each 

week, for the next year.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE getting a personal, hand-written card or letter in the mail.

Throughout 52 Weeks of Mail, we are asking everyone to commit 
to sending

 just ONE card or letter each week. 

You can send more than one, of course!

52 Weeks of Mail BEGINS on October 9th, 2011,

and ends on October 7th, 2012. 

Please feel free to blog about this event, or share it on your Facebook page. 

Share it on Twitter, or any other social networking site too!

I love this idea and have made the commitment to send at least one piece of handwritten mail
every week this year... and beyond.  You never know what your note could mean to the person who receives it.  It could arrive at the moment it was most needed.  

As a teacher for many years, I want to do my part to see that some of the "social graces" of our generation are not lost forever.  Some of the older traditions cannot be improved upon.  
Write a note and send it in the mail this week... Make it a habit.
You could really make a difference.



2 comments:

Vannoy said...

I love this idea.

Angela @ Snapdragon Designs said...

I Love this idea too!
Thanks for sharing,
Angela