Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post-Christmas musing

What a magical Christmas season it has been for me and my family.
I have been blessed beyond measure, 
and gratitude for all that 2011 has brought is utmost in my mind.
I treasure every moment leading up to Christmas, but when December 26th comes,
I begin getting my home "de-frocked" of all the strictly Christmas theme,
and concentrate on some of the fun winter adornments that I will leave up until Valentine's Day. 

My little snow people vignette is a favorite that I bring out year after year...





Here is a treasured hand-stitched piece from my pal Susan.  I just love keeping it out in my little art studio.


My village will stay open and operating through the often-gray winter days.  
The little swirling ice skaters will lighten my heart and home.




Buttons and Gabe were such good helpers as I made about a million trips to the basement with all the decorations that had to be stored for another year.  



It feels good to have this much done...

Let's look out this big bay window at the welcomed gentle rain that is coming down on this
late-December day.

A cup of tea or coffee sounds great, doesn't it???

Enjoy these last few days of 2011...






4 comments:

Tina said...

Merry Christmas Jane - sounds like you had a wonderful one. Your christmas decorations are so pretty.
Wishing you a wonderful New Year too.

babyjane said...

Merry Christmas to you, too Tina. I just love all your work... One day I would love to own one of your precious little bears. All the best in 2012!

EllenMarie said...

Hello Jane,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog. You are so gifted with your writing and your wonderful arrangements. You have a wonderful peace of mind that comes through it all and that is great. All the best to you in the new year.

babyjane said...

Thank you, Ellen for your sweet comments. I truly appreciate your following my blog! All the best to you and yours in 2012, too!!!