Monday, October 8, 2012

"Fluffing" for autumn



With the chillier mornings and evenings of October, came a yearning to clean out the summer flower beds.  After a trip to the feed store, I had the car full of pansies, cabbage, kale and a bright yellow mum.


I pulled out this fun little garden pumpkin, and popped him above the sunny mum pot.


"Little foot", as my Mom calls him, is newly potted with pansies, too.


Overlooking it all is a sweet little fall flag. Of course, it had to have birds on it! 


I didn't stop with the outside of my "nest".  Here are some little metal birds on the mantle with a fall spray.



A while back I stitched up this funky bag and appliqued the wool pumpkin and black cat.  I plan to start carrying this one as I am out and about for the upcoming weeks.


Turning on the heat this morning made me think of "fluffing" in my closets, too... putting away the most summery clothes, and pulling out some jackets and warmer layers.  The year is speeding by so quickly, isn't it???  Enjoy these chilly days... They will quickly turn to the holidays.  YIKES!!! 













No comments: