Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Good Deeds" complete and some fabulous finds


A few posts back, I shared my love for the darling designs of Charlotte Lyons.  I have just completed my second sampler from wonderful Charlotte... this one called "Good Deeds Live Long".


I so enjoyed stitching  and then embellishing with some beading work. I decided to make this one a pillow top, nestled inside a chair...first trying it out in my family room.


And then again, it might reside in my living room.  Who knows??? I'm such a fickle decorator! 


I "haunt" my local TJ Maxx and Ross stores, always on the hunt for treasures.  I hit the jackpot twice last week.  I am such a lover of anything with birds and nests, so I was thrilled to find this delightful vintage-inspired piece that I added to my bathroom wall.  The vibrant colors put me in my "happy place".


The decor of my home is quite "cottage-inspired', in the style of my ever-favorite designer, Rachel Ashwell.  Last Saturday, while shopping with Mom, she spied this great, funky piece... buried behind some other items.


Of course, I had to get it!  It had the perfect "feel" to go in the corner of my living room.  Love love love the details...

I have such a passion for furniture and decor... always have... but my little "cottage" is filled to the brim... but I can't pass some things up... even my "corners" are filled!


Now that October has arrived, the days are getting shorter and it is a real comfort to snuggle in my nest... and it's time to start stitching on a new piece.  Some spicy, hot cider sounds yummy, doesn't it???









No comments: