Monday, January 21, 2013

Project completed

Isn't it a fabulous feeling to complete a project you have been working on a while... maybe putting it down for weeks at a time... but finally getting it finished???  I love that feeling... a rush from completion of a goal set... Sounds just like a teacher, for sure!!!  


Way back in September, I began a fun online class with the delightful Melody Ross.  It was packed with so much material and I adored every activity... but with lots of things going on in life... like the rush of the holidays and hand-made gifts to get ready... I had to put it on hold for some weeks.  


With access to the class for only a few more days, I decided to get in gear and finish up what I had started earlier in the fall.  So my extra-large canvas board cover book is complete!  I have made scores of books, but none quite like this one.


I made my book a resource for all learned in the class... with handouts and PDF's for later use.  One of my favorite parts of the class was experimenting with many kinds of media and making swatches on old file folders... a great tool...


A recycled envelope glued into the back cover can help me keep up ...


...with all the "loose stuff"... a good thing indeed!


Several months ago, my BFF Tonya gave me a FABULOUS set of dies... dies that cut all shapes of TABS.  I have a thing for tabs!!!  (another "teacher-thing", I guess)...  So I pulled those out to put a few in my book...


I love looking at all those wonky tabs sticking out...



Closing the book on another fulfilling project... thanks Melody.






No comments: