Saturday, July 14, 2012

So glad to see the sun...


My roses and all my other flowers in the yard have loved the cooler days and showers we have had this week.  It was certainly a respite after a string of days above 100 degrees.  But today, the sun returned and I am basking in its glory.  

During some of the gloomier days, I stayed in my little art studio and played to my heart's content.  Here is my glittering art journalista... with all the things that inspire her...


Learning to use a new phone app with very cool fonts was also part of the fun. I was even snapping pictures of the banana pudding I made for our 4th of July cookout.


Combining the phone app altered pictures with washi tapes, sprays, doodles and a hidden pocket made for a new kind of journal page.  I always love hidden compartments and glimmer-misted tags...


One of my favorite spreads involved altered magazine pictures, and a nifty grid, sewn on with black thread...  This "dream cottage" feels like a perfect getaway... one could lose oneself in the visions.


Back to my own little cottage on Garrison... with two sweet pups by my side... Maybe we'll take a seat on the porch and rock a bit as the shadows fall... lovely indeed...





No comments: