Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Welcome July...

Where did my beloved June go??? It flew away so quickly, I can't believe it!  I do love steamy July, too... looking forward to the celebrations and excitement of the month.  I have been immersed in my "creative flow" of late, quite a satisfying feeling.  Summer is such a perfect time for me to get lost in the creative play... just letting go...


I mentioned earlier that I have enjoyed new writing magic, too.  A package arrived a few days ago and I was thrilled to try yet another great pen-- a Monteverde fountain pen in a favorite color of soft turquiose.  My pen is loaded with a gorgeous Diamine ink called Steel Blue... a truly lovely color.  Have you heard of ECOJOT journals?  I bought one several years ago and fell in love.  They are made in Canada, very "earth- friendly", and have the cutest covers ever!  I snagged this one a few days ago at the local book store, and my writing spot really is a "happy place".






Another obsession of mine lately has been tape... plain old masking tape that I have splattered and dripped paint on.  Here is a journal page I completed experimenting with tape...




Masking tape is great, but then there are so many patterns of washi tape... Oh, my goodness... and Etsy has the best selection, ever!!!  Here is the title page of my Art Journalista journal, showcasing washi tapes...



This has been the summer for color love, for sure... and color - slathered, dripped and layered, has found its way onto all my creations.  Here is a page from my journal of "my very own" rules for art play.


Are you cleaning the grill, buying some firecrackers and getting ready for a "sparkling" good 4th of July???  May you take time to count your blessings and enjoy this wonderful holiday, celebrating the birth of our great nation.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!




1 comment:

Tina said...

Love your journal pages Jane - they are so beautiful.
Love the washi tape too - have to check out masking tape.
Have a wonderful day
xo Tina