Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Making tag art, cards and some forget-me-nots...

I've had the yen the last few days to make some cards and tags to cheer and encourage some special family members and friends.  I just love the little vintage forget-me-nots that I have found off Etsy.  They are so sweet and add a touch of charm and texture to my tags and cards.  Here is a birthday tag that I made today to send to a friend for her upcoming birthday.


 I love that little vintage boy gazing out the window. 


The simplicity of the little wreath adorned with flowers was all this note needed.




My dear friends Susan Edmonson and Kristi Steiner held a fabulous retreat for "creative spirits" for several years.  Each year there was a delightful mixed media project that each participant made over the long weekend.  For several of the projects, Kristi and Susan created some wonderful rubber stamps to compliment the project. I decided to pull out their BELIEVE stamp and create a few tags for some pals.


One of the most fun things I do is to go into my art space, pull out all kinds of this and that... and see what materializes... very much fun, indeed.  The words on this tag are among the most powerful in the English language... BELIEVE...



1 comment:

Martha Richardson said...

Don't you just love making tags...these are beautiful!