Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Follow your bliss... each day of the year...


Back last summer my dear friend Tonya and I attended a scrapbook show in Charlotte.  We love looking at all the fun elements we might use in our mixed media art.  One of my all-time favorite product lines is 7 GYPSIES, with their vintage-inspired pieces that really speak to me.  At one of the booths in the show, Tonya and I spied a couple of the fabulous photo display stands... only 2 left... so we snapped them up!  I have seen some great projects done by other artists, but none had quite been what I wanted to do.

I mentioned at the end of last year that I had an old flip calendar that I had used for many a year.  It was getting a bit shabby.


So the little cogs started turning this week, and I decided to take the old calendar apart and make a new creation.  The bird theme was integral in my conception.  I love my BIG KICK machine... so out it came with snippets of this and that finding a place on the bird and the collaged background.


I have fallen in love with some new dies called MEMORY BOX.  They are delicate and just delightful!  One of my favorites is a wreath that I cut apart for embellishments on the shipping tags.


Of course there had to be some BLING... so the bottom edge is adorned with some dangling crystals and scrunched seam binding. 


As the days pass and I turn the tags... I want to be reminded of the sentiment on my calendar...
"follow your bliss".  May you follow yours, too.  





No comments: