Thursday, December 20, 2012

Advent Tag Day 20

Only 5 more days until the big day... WOW!  The last five of my Junque Drawer Advent tags are some of my favorites.  Today's background began with an aged tag, stamped with a scroll design, then glittered over some of the scroll elements.  Martha Stewart has some fabulous glitters.  This one is called "white gold"... looks like old sterling silver...so pretty.  The focal point of this tag is a hand-made silk-ribbon rose, with a scrim-encased silver flower center.  A bit of tinsel, tulle, and vintage-paper leaves finish off the look.  

As a "glitter" girl, I love an idea I gleaned from the delightful Teresa McFayden.  Coarse glitter can be made from "smashing" Christmas balls.  Oh, was that fun... a great way to de-stress!!!  Here is a gift that I have made for a dear neighbor.  Loved how it turned out, and the coarse glitter ROCKS!  



My wish for you today and every day~ JOY.



No comments: