Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome ADVENT

Several years ago I joined in with the GYPSY GIRLS (who write one of my favorite blogs) to make my own version of their JUNK DRAWER ADVENT CALENDAR.  It took endless hours of pulling together trinkets, baubles and glitter from my stash to create the 25 tags that commemorate each day of Advent.  With all the time spent, it is my favorite holiday creation. The tags were aged to look like treasures that could have been pulled from a grandparent's attic.  This shot shows the completed piece displayed in my home.  I love the "frame" for the creation, made from a section of celotex, covered with natural burlap, and edged in seam binding.  The shabby chic look feels so at home here on Garrison.

I thought it might be fun to show a peek at each day's tag... to give me a reminder of the meaning of each day leading up to Christmas.  Many of the tags could be ideas for cards, gift tags and such.

I'm a day behind (as usual), so I'll share days 1 and 2 in this entry.



"Star of wonder, star of night, star of royal beauty bright"...


"It came upon a midnight clear"... a sweet refrain...

Happy Day ONE and TWO of our beloved ADVENT season.


1 comment:

Martha Richardson said...

Love your calendar...so elegant !