Monday, December 31, 2012

Kissing 2012 goodbye


I've had this little perpetual flip calendar for years.  It sits atop the "mule chest" in my bedroom.  As I flipped it over for the day, I could hardly believe that in just one more day, we will welcome 2013.  Where do the days go???  

Our Christmas was wonderful... quiet, but so sweet.  I feel so blessed to have been given another year with my loving parents.  We had the yummiest meal together on Christmas Day.


Even their baby Reggie got in on the fun!



My home is getting back to normal, with the tree and other decorations put away, but the wonderful memories still fresh in my heart.  



My little art haven got a clean-up... vacuuming up glitter and so many glitzy scraps.  I have so many supplies that I want to keep out on hand... it is always a challenge to keep my tools corralled!



Every corner is packed with art I have made or treasures I'll used in days to come!


One of my latest projects was a funky ruffled lampshade re-do.  I'd been looking at some darling lamps at Hobby Lobby, but decided to try this one just for fun... imperfect, but funky and just my style!


Santa was so good to me, leaving the most wonderful packages from dearest friends.  They are out everywhere, reminding me of these special ones who were so generous with their time and talents.










Waving goodbye to 2012 and greeting 2013 with the brightest of hopes and dreams.  Happy new year!!!
















1 comment:

Tina said...

Happy New Year Jane. I hope it´ll be a wonderful and great one for you